Car Advertising Tips
Do you need help to get started with your vehicle description? Please consider the following points to include in your ad, which will assist potential buyers and give you a better chance of a successful sale.
- Describe your vehicle’s condition (immaculate, excellent, very good, average)
- Describe the type of driving your vehicle has done (local, highway, never been off road)
- How many owners has your vehicle had? (one or two owners)
- Where do you park your car? (garaged, under cover, home driveway)
- Include the vehicle’s service history (full or partial service history, books and invoices) and if you have recently had a major service completed.
- Why are you selling? (need a larger or smaller car, moving overseas, upgrading, company car)
- Do you have any warranty remaining? (Eg: 2 years)
- Have you recently replaced the tyres?
- Are you a non-smoker?
- Have you priced the vehicle for a quick sale?
Here are some other terms which could help to describe your car:
- Small, economical and easy to park
- Ideal first car
- Would suit a tradesperson
- Perfect vehicle for off road exploring or towing
- Prestige vehicle
- Excellent family car with 7 seats
- Performance vehicle
- Describe your car's features with a dash and a new line for each feature (as done here).
- Make paragraphs short so they are easy to read and digest.
Monitor Your Ad’s Performance
If your ad is underperforming and you are receiving little or no enquiry, you may wish to consider changing the title and the description to give it fresh appearance. You may also consider adjusting the price, depending on other similar cars on the site, their age and condition.
Remember that images will help potential buyers and assist in selling your vehicle. You can include up to 30 images in your free classified ad. So, take the time to provide clear, well lit images of your vehicle on various angles, to assist buyers and increase your chance of response and success from your ad.
Please enjoy easy, local and free trading!